But, as with all international companies, something must hold it all together. In our case, it is our six core values that act as the corporate glue connecting the whole.
They are our guiding stars, which set our course for our long-term strategies and goals. They are a permanent part of our day-to-day conduct and decision-making. We believe these values define our uniqueness compared to our competitors. We are proud of our core values!
1. Customer Focus
We are 100% committed to doing what is right for our customers.
We want them to keep coming back and to recommend us to others. To
make the point as upfront as possible,we made our brand tagline,
'The Floor is Yours', emphasising the fact that we put our
customer's wishes at the centre of our operations and thinking-
every second of the day.
On a daily basis, we maintain our customer focus by:
- Having a 'Best in Class' supply chain.
- No compromise on the quality of our products, solutions and service.
- Researching and fully understanding our selected markets.
- Sparking off new ideas through co-creation with top architects and designers via our unique Circles of Architects® platform.
- Working with customers to build long-term partnerships for mutual benefit.
- Understanding how our business decisions will affect our customers.
- Delivering on our promises and commitments.
2. Common Sense
We prefer to take the simplest and fastest route to achieve our
objectives and encourage all our employees to use their common
sense drawn from their own opinions to deliver successful results.
It is about finding the best solutions and ideas that will take us
forward in the quickest possible time. We rely on the wealth of
experience and knowledge of our employees. Imagine: 'If only Desso
knows what Desso knows'
We believe that trust is a fundamental requisite of good
business. That is why we regard integrity as a critical core value.
It's about being open, honest and respectful at all times with our
colleagues, with our customers and with all our stakeholders.
4. Entrepreneurial spirit & ambition
We never rest on our laurels. Business can be tough and you must
adapt constantly in a fast changing world, always meeting your
customer's needs and spotting opportunities for new markets.
Entrepreneurs are adaptive, risk-taking and hungry for success.
They are brilliant at spotting new opportunities and developing
talent. At Desso, we believe everyone can develop their own
entrepreneurial spirit. That is why we have made it a core value.
We combine this with the value of ambition because we expect our
people to follow through on their best ideas and make them
5. Ownership & Empowerment
The best way to engage our employees is to trust them to make
the right decisions. We call this Ownership & Empowerment and
it means that every single employee at Desso is responsible for
achieving the best results, for drawing on and strengthening their
skills, for collaborating successfully with their colleagues, for
developing new ideas and solutions and for contributing to the
drive, energy and creativity of the overall organisation.
6. Corporate Social Responsibility & Cradle to Cradle®
Corporate Social Responsibility means many things to us. It
embraces our responsibility to people, profits and the planet.
Through our commitment to Creativity, Functionality and Cradle to
Cradle® design, we are inventing a new business model that we
believe will deliver value to customers, shareholders, society and
the future generations who will rely on this planet to sustain
their health, wealth and happiness.
On a daily basis, we demonstrate our Corporate Social Responsibility by:
- Respecting the culture, customs and rules of the countries in which we operate
- Communicating in an open and honest way with all our stakeholders
- Having the courage to express our opinions
- Taking personal responsibility for our actions
- Performing our duties to the best of our ability and with integrity
- Communicating on our progress in reaching our Cradle to Cradle® targets.
Cradle to Cradle® Vision: Since 2008, we have maintained our focus on having all our products designed according to the Cradle to Cradle design principles by 2020. Inspired by nature's continuous cycle, this concept requires companies to use materials and design products in such a way that they will be positive to the environment and human health.